An asset to the Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd team, Steve Darling is one of the leading defense trial lawyers in South Carolina. He has tried more than 100 cases in state and federal courts during his career.
Steve focuses primarily on products and premises liability cases and motor-vehicle matters that involve significant personal injury and property damages.
He is also a Certified Mediator and Arbitrator, conducting mediations and arbitrations in both federal and state court cases.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1974
- University of South Carolina, B.S., 1971
- South Carolina, 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2000
- The Best Lawyers in America© Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2013-2020) and Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2013-2020)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Personal Injury - Products: Defense (2008-2019)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, Executive Committee (1994-1999), Secretary (2000), Treasurer (2001), President-elect (2002), President (2003)
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Charleston Chapter
- Francis Drake Admiralty American Inn of Court
- Litigation Counsel of America