Chris Major’s legal practice focuses on business litigation. He regularly advises clients on resolving a wide range of business problems from complex commercial litigation and mass tort litigation to employment disputes arising from covenants not to compete.
A Greenville native, Chris represents clients in state and federal courts throughout the Carolinas and even nationally in matters consolidated under the multi-district litigation (MDL) procedures. He also has experience in financial services employment arbitration before FINRA and its predecessor entities.
He regularly represents clients in the construction, manufacturing and transportation industries. Chris has a broad base of experience in defending clients in intellectual property, unfair competition and toxic tort litigation.
- • Represented a national manufacturer of construction materials in the Chinese Drywall MDL proceeding in New Orleans consolidating federal cases from across the country
- • Represented a national manufacturer of construction materials as discovery counsel in antitrust pricing litigation
- • Represented a patent infringement suit against a manufacturer of protective packaging systems
- • Represented a textile manufacturer in litigation regarding software licensing for ERP software
Chris also served as a law clerk to the Hon. G. Ross Anderson, Jr., U.S. District Judge for the District of South Carolina.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., magna cum laude, 2003
- University of South Carolina Honors College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2000
- North Carolina, 2003
- South Carolina, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina, 2004
- The Best Lawyers in America© Commercial Litigation (2020-2022)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” Business Litigation (2013-2018). South Carolina Super Lawyers is published by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here.
- Greenville Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Upstate" Business Litigation (2020-2021)
- Greenville Business Magazine "Best & Brightest 35 and Under" 2012
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar, former Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee and HELP Task Force member and former chair of Law Student Liaison Committee
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- A Child’s Haven, former Board Member