Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd attorneys have defended and prosecuted antitrust and competition cases for all sizes of clients, from FORTUNE 500 companies to regional businesses.
Our experience includes the litigation of Sherman Act claims and related competition claims or unfair trade practice claims, as well as regular advice and counsel on compliance in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976.
ANTITRUST AND UNFAIR COMPETITION EXPERIENCE:
- Defending an attempt by a competitor to close a client’s manufacturing operation based on alleged patent infringement and unfair trade practice claim
- Trying to jury’s verdict several Sherman Antitrust Conspiracy cases
- Defending manufacturers in suits brought by terminated distributors or dealers
- Defending claims of price fixing and price discrimination brought under state and federal law
- Providing antitrust counseling and antitrust compliance seminars and manuals
- Handling mergers and acquisitions and filings under the Hart Scott Rodino Act