Foster Girard concentrates on corporate finance and commercial transactions at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd.
Foster’s practice is rooted in real estate matters, where he represents buyers, sellers and developers, and serves as lender’s counsel. He handles a variety of real estate purchases and sales, and is well-versed in easement and land dispute matters.
He also advises on a number of financing documents and commercial contracts involving goods (including under Article Two of the Uniform Commercial Code), services and commercial real estate, and works to find practical legal solutions to achieve his client companies’ business objectives. These solutions include general corporate matters, including choice of entity, entity formation and governance documents.
In the past, he assisted on private placement offerings and on bank acquisitions.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2009
- The Citadel, B.S., 2006
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" Business/Corporate 2019 and Business Litigation 2018
- Columbia Business Monthly's "Best & Brightest 35 and Under" 2017 and "Legal Elite of the Midlands" Commercial Real Estate Law 2018
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- Recipient of The Citadel's Mark W. Clark Honor Committee Award
- South Carolina Bar, Young Lawyers Division Community Law Week Co-Chair (2010-2013) and Fifth Circuit Representative (2013-2016)
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2014
- "Contract Review and Drafting," SC Bar Transactional/Corporate Law Essentials, June 8, 2018
- "Who Runs this Place Anyway? Considering Corporate Governance Documents," HSB 2015 Corporate Law for Accountants Seminar Series