Jeddie Suddeth helps developer clients with residential, commercial and mixed-use projects, including entity formation, site acquisition, entitlements, financing, sales and leasing. He assists lender clients with commercial real estate transactions and landlord and tenant clients with leasing needs.
As a licensed title insurance agent, he writes title insurance for a number of national title insurance companies.
In addition to his real estate practice, Jeddie represents South Carolina captive insurance companies at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd. He handles the formation and re-domestication of captive insurance companies, as well as their annual regulatory and statutory compliance needs.
Jeddie serves on Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's Management Committee.
- • Represented developer of a large mixed-use (retail and office) redevelopment project in Charleston
- • Represented buyers of large plantation tracts in the Charleston area
- • Prepared and reviewed office leases for landlords and tenants in Charleston
- • Represented financial institutions in large commercial development projects
- • Formed property owners associations and prepared covenants and condominium documents for a number of residential projects in and around Charleston
- University of South Carolina, J.D., magna cum laude, 2000
- Sewanee, B.S., cum laude, 1996
- Best Lawyers® 2024 Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year" Charleston
- The Best Lawyers in America© Real Estate Law (2013-2024)
- Charleston Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Lowcountry" Commercial Real Estate Law (2018, 2021-2022)
- SCBIZ Magazine “Real Estate Attorneys Power List” 2022
- South Carolina Lawyers Weekly Leadership in Law Award 2015
- University of South Carolina School of Law Alumni Foundation “Compleat Lawyer Silver Award” 2012
- Charleston Regional Business Journal “Forty Under 40” 2009
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Aquarium, Board of Directors (2016-2022)
- South Carolina Captive Insurance Association, Government Advisory Committee (2007-2011)
- Urban Land Institute, Coastal Regional Executive Committee and Market Impact Council
- Charleston Lawyers Club, President (2006-2007)
- Leadership Charleston, Class of 2002
- Leadership South Carolina, Class of 2008
- Helping And Lending Outreach Support (HALOS), Board Member (2010-2016)
- American Heart Association, Charleston Heart Ball Executive Leadership Team 2013
- Coastal Christian Preparatory School, Board Member (2013-Present)
- "Commercial Real Estate Transactions: Review of South Carolina Law," SE SIOR Regional Conference, September 11, 2015