Cameo Joseph’s practice focuses on the defense of healthcare providers in both professional negligence and licensing matters.
She is involved in all aspects of medical malpractice litigation, including reviewing medical records, meeting with witnesses, attending hearings and preparing for depositions, mediations and trials.
In addition, Cameo advises and represents healthcare providers on professional licensing issues. She assists clients during all stages of professional licensing investigations and disciplinary proceedings conducted by the SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
While in law school, Cameo served as Vice President of the Black Law Students Association, Director of International Relations of the National Black Law Students Association, board member of the Constitutional Scholars Pipeline Program and liaison to the ABA Center for Racial and Ethnic Diversity. She was a student member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court and a member of the Pro Bono Board, Phi Delta Phi, Peer Mentor Program and Law School Ambassador Program. In addition, she was selected for 1 of only 9 ABA Business Law Section Diversity Clerkship positions.
She served as a law clerk to the Hon. Clifton B. Newman of the South Carolina Circuit Court, a law clerk to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and a law clerk to the University of South Carolina School of Law Clinical Legal Education Department.
While at Clemson, Cameo was President of the Omicron Phi Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Assistant Director of the Council on Diversity Affairs, Parliamentarian of the Clemson Black Student Union and a member of Order of Omega.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2016
- Clemson University, B.S., 2013
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division "Star of the Quarter" 2018
- University of South Carolina School of Law Compleat Lawyer Award - Bronze, Outstanding Service Award, Hon. Sol Blatt, Jr. Scholar, Dean’s List
- Fourth Circuit Practice Best Final Argument Award
- Clemson University Greek Woman of the Year
- Christ Church Episcopal School Alumni Association, Board Member (2017-Present), Treasurer (2018-Present)
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce PULSE
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Scholar and Liaison to the Commission on Law and Aging (2018-Present)
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce Opportunity Greenville, Class of 2017
- Greenville County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division, Special Olympics Committee Co-Chair (2018-Present) and Color of Justice Committee Member (2017-Present)
- National Pan-Hellenic Council, Upstate, SC Chapter Representative
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Greenville SC Alumnae Chapter
- “Peer Review, Event Reporting and Disclosures,” Greenville Health System Pediatric Morbidity and Mortality Conference, Greenville, SC, December 20, 2018
- “Attorney-Client Privilege in the In-House Corporate Counsel Setting,” Greenville Health System, Greenville, SC, July 20, 2018
- “Clemson and the Legal Profession – Past, Present, and Future,” November 4, 2016