At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, we offer our clients a fully-integrated, multidisciplinary approach to solving the complex problems faced by healthcare systems in today’s highly regulated, fiercely competitive climate.
Our healthcare attorneys offer significant experience in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions; anti-kickback and stark laws; hospital, physician and managed care contracting; organization and governance; medical staff bylaws; HIPAA; EMTALA; CON; clinical research; medical malpractice; risk management; medical ethics; and tax-exempt bond financing and tax.
- Provide advice and counsel to hospitals and physician groups in negotiating exclusive provider arrangements in various specialties, including anesthesiology, radiology, pathology and emergency medicine
- Serve as outside general counsel to Greenville, South Carolina’s first continuing care retirement community in the advisement on matters such as admission agreements, reimbursement, licensure and regulatory compliance
- Provide advice and counsel to health care providers in the development of business health agreements and on the appropriate standards for information sharing between providers, employers and health plans
- Advise accountable care organizations in the development of standard provider participation agreements and third party payor contracting
- Provided advice and counsel to a multi-specialty practice with five locations and 32 providers in Upstate South Carolina in a sale to an affiliate of a regional health care system
- Provided advice and counsel to a physical therapy practice with 29 locations across South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia in a sale to a national provider of physical therapy services
- Provided advice and counsel to a regional urgent care center in various collaborative initiatives with one of South Carolina’s largest healthcare systems
- Provide advice and counsel to buyers and sellers of numerous dental practices across South Carolina and North Carolina
- Represent private equity companies in the formation and operation of dental support organizations (DSO)
- Represent buyer and seller parties to DSO aquisitions