Having represented major pharmaceutical companies and manufacturers of medical devices in South Carolina, the Southeast and throughout the country, our team understands the legal challenges faced by our clients in the drug and medical devices industries. By effectively and efficiently defending our medical device and pharmaceutical clients, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd allows them to focus on developing and delivering much-needed healthcare products to the marketplace.
DRUG & MEDICAL DEVICES EXPERIENCE:
- National Coordinating Counsel for a defendant in the Multi-District Litigation involving the amino acid, L-Triptophan, and a member of the Defense Steering Committee
- Statewide counsel for four defendants in the silicone gel breast implant litigation
- Statewide counsel for a manufacturer in the “albuterol” litigation
- North and South Carolina counsel for tampon manufacturer in toxic shock cases
- Statewide representation of a manufacturer of latex gloves in multiple claims of injury from exposure to the company’s product
- Statewide representation in actions arising out of alleged adverse reaction to pharmaceuticals such as Baycol and Cleocin