Cameo Joseph’s practice focuses on the defense of healthcare providers in both professional negligence and licensing matters.
She is involved in all aspects of medical malpractice litigation, including reviewing medical records, meeting with witnesses, attending hearings and preparing for depositions, mediations and trials.
In addition, Cameo advises and represents healthcare providers on professional licensing issues. She assists clients during all stages of professional licensing investigations and disciplinary proceedings conducted by the SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
While in law school, Cameo served as a law clerk to the Hon. Clifton B. Newman of the South Carolina Circuit Court, a law clerk to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and a law clerk to the University of South Carolina School of Law Clinical Legal Education Department. She served as Vice President of the Black Law Students Association, Director of International Relations of the National Black Law Students Association, board member of the Constitutional Scholars Pipeline Program and liaison to the ABA Center for Racial and Ethnic Diversity.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2016
- Clemson University, B.S., 2013
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2022-2023)
- Greenville Business Magazine “Best & Brightest 35 and Under” 2022
- Greenville Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Upstate" Business Litigation 2021, Healthcare Law 2020 and Insurance Law 2021
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division "Star of the Quarter" 2019
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division "Star of the Quarter" 2018
- University of South Carolina School of Law Compleat Lawyer Award - Bronze, Outstanding Service Award, Hon. Sol Blatt, Jr. Scholar, Dean’s List
- Fourth Circuit Practice Best Final Argument Award
- Clemson University Greek Woman of the Year
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Special Olympics South Carolina, Board of Directors (2021-Present)
- Christ Church Episcopal School Alumni Association, Board Member (2017-2019), Treasurer (2018-2019)
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association, TIPS Conference Standing Committee (2019-2020), Young Lawyers Division, Scholar (2018-2019), National Conferences Team (2018-2021) and Liaison to the Commission on Law and Aging (2018-2021)
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce Opportunity Greenville, Class of 2017
- Greenville County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Committee Chair (2021-Present)
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division, Special Olympics Committee Co-Chair (2018-2022), Color of Justice Committee (2017-2019) and Membership Events Committee Co-Chair (2022-Present)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Greenville SC Alumnae Chapter
- “Defending Damages, Ethics & Behavioral Health,” Client CLE Seminar, Phoenix, AZ, March 12, 2020
- “Medical Malpractice,” Pediatric Grand Rounds at PRISMA Health Children’s Hospital – Upstate, Greenville, SC, November 8, 2019
- "EMS Presentation," Swamp Rabbit Prehospital Medicine Conference, Greenville, SC, May 31, 2019
- "Medical Malpractice," USC School of Medicine CRNA Students, Greenville, SC, March 22, 2019
- “Peer Review, Event Reporting and Disclosures,” Greenville Health System Pediatric Morbidity and Mortality Conference, Greenville, SC, December 20, 2018
- “Attorney-Client Privilege in the In-House Corporate Counsel Setting,” Greenville Health System, Greenville, SC, July 20, 2018