Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd proudly represents those that are committed to improving the health, safety and well-being of our elderly and vulnerable citizens. Our team's long term care litigators have defended nursing homes and assisted living facilities in over 50 cases, dealing with a variety of clinical care issues.
We also help assisted living clients understand and operate within the complex state and federal regulatory schemes that apply to their business.
NURSING & LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE
- General counsel to Greenville County’s first continuing care retirement community
- Counseled a national assisted living care provider through complex due diligence and licensing issues associated with the acquisition of 14 facilities
- Defended one of the first nursing home negligence cases tried to verdict in South Carolina in recent times
- Defended cases involving wrongful death, pressure sores, falls, elopements, physical and sexual abuse, and medication errors
- Nationally recognized authors and speakers on issues pertaining to long term care litigation