David Conner is an experienced litigator focused on products liability and asbestos defense. He has extensive experience in handling complex, multifaceted cases at all stages, including trials in state and federal courts. In products-liability cases, he defends manufacturers and sellers, assembling and leading teams with the legal skills needed to handle complex, technical, and potentially protracted claims.
David and Mott McDonald head Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's asbestos team. Our firm serves as national counsel for Daniel International Corporation and regional counsel for Dana Corporation, Union Carbide, Uniroyal, Amchem, CertainTeed and other companies. David has served as national coordinating counsel for United States Gypsum Company with respect to claims regarding its exterior insulation finishing system and Chinese wallboard. David is also experienced in intellectual property litigation.
- Emory University, J.D., 1993
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, M.Ed., 1985
- Bryan College, B.A., 1983
- South Carolina, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 1993
- The Best Lawyers in America© Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions Defendants (2012-2019)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Personal Injury - Products: Defense (2013-2018)
- Best Lawyers® 2017 Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” Greenville
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Bar
- Erskine College, Board Member (2010-2014)