Seth Swan is a real estate, finance and business lawyer who focuses on all aspects of commercial real estate and financing transactions. His clients include developers, investors, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, lenders and borrowers.
Seth assists clients with due diligence issues and advises on title, acquisition or sale documentation, financing documentation and leasing matters for commercial real estate transactions.
He has experience in drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, deeds, mortgages, commercial leases, ground leases, easements and other real estate related documents.
Seth assists Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd clients on all aspects of commercial financing arrangements, including asset-based lending, construction, real estate and equipment financing.
He also advises clients on general corporate matters, including choice of entity, corporate structure and governance documents.
In addition to his real estate practice, Seth counsels brewery and distillery clients on licensing and TTB issues.
- • Represented purchaser in the acquisition of a $150 million industrial distribution facility
- • Represented lender in a $40 million asset based loan transaction
- • Advised purchaser in a multi-national asset transfer
- • Represented borrower in a new market tax credit financing transaction
- • Represented seller in the sale of a $38 million office park
- Charleston School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- University of Georgia, B.A., cum laude, 2003
- The Best Lawyers in America© Real Estate Law (2019-2022)
- Greenville Business Magazine “Legal Elite of the Upstate” Banking and Finance Law (2020-2021) and Commercial Real Estate Law (2020-2021)
- South Carolina Bar, Real Estate Bar Association
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute, Upstate Executive Committee Member and Young Leader
- "Commercial Real Estate Transactions: Review of South Carolina Law," SE SIOR Regional Conference, September 11, 2015
- "Brews, Booze and Clues on How to Navigate the Emerging Brewery/Distillery Industries," HSB 2014 Corporate Law for Accountants Seminars