Meg Scoopmire combines her legal knowledge and experience with her practical approach to problem solving to structure transaction and transaction documents in furtherance of her clients' goals and objectives. She is a skilled issue spotter who provides effective and efficient counsel to clients. She is a Greenville, SC native and co-leader of Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's Real Estate Team.
Meg routinely provides general corporate and business advice to clients with primary emphasis on commercial real estate transactions and financing. She assists clients in negotiating purchase and sale agreements, coordinating and reviewing due diligence materials and closing transactions. She advises clients on title matters, permitting and entitlement, financing, leasing, acquisition, and disposition. She has extensive experience drafting and negotiating real estate transaction documents including purchase and sale agreement, deeds, mortgages, commercial leases, ground leases, easements, estoppels, and subordination agreements.
For borrowers and commercial lenders, Meg advises and documents all aspects of commercial financing arrangements, including asset based lending, construction financing, real estate financing, and equipment financing. She handles the documenting and negotiation of commercial loans, including government guaranteed programs such as SBA and USDA. She is able to provide attorney opinion letters in commercial transactions for out of state attorneys or clients whose transactions require a South Carolina opinion. Meg is also able to provide guidance on compliance with South Carolina attorney requirements and unauthorized practice of law considerations.
Meg is an approved attorney and agent for several national title companies and is a designated attorney for the US Small Business Administration Development Company Loan Program (504).
- • Represented a healthcare system in the $162,800,000 sale and partial leaseback of a portfolio of 16 medical office buildings totaling 855,376 SF
- • Represented a Fortune 500 company in connection with a build-to-suit lease for a 1,694,000 SF warehouse and distribution center and in the acquisition of 459 acres for a 3,000,000 SF warehouse and distribution center
- • Represented a private, not-for-profit, academic healthcare system in a ground lease and a development lease for a $31,500,000, 78,255 SF clinical learning and research building
- • Served as lender’s counsel for a Fortune 500 financial services company in connection with a $65,000,000 asset based revolving line of credit
- • Served as local counsel in connection with the refinancing of an international retail corporation’s global finance package
- • Represented a Fortune 500 financial services company in connection with $50,311,350 in construction loans for the development of 588,943 SF of self-storage space throughout the Southeast
- • Represented numerous new businesses to South Carolina in the acquisition and development of new manufacturing or industrial facilities
- • Represented a continuing care retirement community as borrower’s counsel for a $15,500,000 interim loan taken out by a $17,500,000 USDA loan to allow for the construction of a new, 80-bed, skilled nursing facility
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1998
- Furman University, B.A., 1991
- South Carolina, 1998
- U.S. Federal Court for the District of South Carolina, 2003
- Chambers USA Real Estate (2014-2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America© Real Estate Law (2013-2019)
- Greenville Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Upstate" Commercial Real Estate 2018
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Fellow and Mortgage Law Summary Committee
- South Carolina Bar, Real Estate Practice Section Council (2013-2015)
- CREW Network, Member Education Committee - Convention Program Planning (2015-2016)
- CREW Upstate South Carolina, Chapter Delegate for CREW Network (2012-2014), President (2012), Board Member (2011-2013), Sponsorship Committee Chair (2011)
- Greenville County Bar Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Leadership South Carolina, Class of 2012