At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, our planning and zoning attorneys guide their clients through every aspect of the land use approval maze—securing planning, zoning, special permitting, variances and subdivision approvals for projects such as a major office park, regional distribution centers, downtown commercial establishments, mixed use developments and industrial parks.
Our planning and zoning attorneys often appear before planning commissions, city and county councils, zoning boards and other administrative bodies.
PLANNING AND ZONING EXPERIENCE:
- Obtaining variances and permits for hotels, office buildings and other commercial developments in the highly regulated area of Charleston, South Carolina
- Obtaining approval for the planned unit development zoning district for the University of South Carolina Innovista research park in Columbia, South Carolina
- Representing a coastal retirement community in developing ordinances governing the process for annexation of large tracts and implementation of planned development districts and development agreements
- Defending a challenge brought by landowners to a multi-million dollar planned unit development on the shores of Lake Murray
- Drafting the legislation that created the regulations implementing an environs zone around an international SC airport, thereby establishing a land use plan that reflects positively on the surrounding community