At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, our team of IP lawyers is committed to providing quality intellectual property counsel to protect our clients’ brands and original works of authorship.
We prepare and prosecute applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office to obtain registered trademarks and service marks to protect client names, logos, symbols, domain names, designs, images, looks and feel, or some combination of these elements. This helps to secure the recognition or competitiveness of the client’s products, services, advertising and internet presence. We also obtain registered copyright protection for our clients' software, publications, architectural works, ornamental designs and internet presence.
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd attorneys work closely with clients to understand their industry and competitive needs—identifying infringement and providing counsel concerning enforcement of trademarks and copyrights.
TRADEMARKS, TRADE SECRETS AND COPYRIGHT EXPERIENCE:
- Preparation and prosecution of numerous trademark applications, and litigation of such registrations in courts and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Defense of original equipment manufacturer against successive claims of copyright and trademark infringement by one of the world's largest software developers
- Defense of scholarly non-profit against copyright infringement claim by major university regarding unpublished first novel manuscript of important author, in significant Fourth Circuit fair use case
- Representation of architects, developers, builders and construction firms, as both plaintiffs and defendants, in Architectural Works Copyright Protection Act cases
- Intellectual property insurance coverage representation
- Representation of businesses in cases involving trademark and trade secret infringement and related causes of action
- Counseling consisting of manufacturing, endorsement, distribution and advertising contracts