At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, our Corporate Tax group regularly advises corporations on federal, state and local income and property tax matters arising during incorporation, on-going operations, reorganizations or dissolution. As our corporate clients prosper, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd assists shareholders, directors and officers to implement creative, tax-efficient strategies for expansion, benefit packages, ownership succession, reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions.
CORPORATE TAX EXPERIENCE:
- As general counsel to several regional, national and international corporations, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd regularly provides on-going advice to generate greater operational tax efficiencies
- Regularly negotiate the purchase or sale of substantially all of the assets or stock of corporations
- Plan and execute tax-efficient reorganizations of corporations under the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 368
- Counsel clients on the benefits of incorporation under Subchapter S versus Subchapter C of the Internal Revenue Code
- Structure sophisticated compensation arrangements for compliance with ERISA and the recently-enacted non-qualified deferred compensation regulations under IRC section 409A
- Regularly advise and draft stock option plans, phantom or shadow stock plans, restricted units, performance units, stock warrants and golden parachute arrangements
We also assist clients with the formation of limited liabilities and operational issues that often arise during the life of these companies. Because almost all limited liability companies elect to be taxed as a partnership, we regularly advise clients on all aspects of Subchapter K of the Internal Revenue Code.
PARTNERSHIP TAX EXPERIENCE:
- Structuring the allocation and distribution provision contained in limited liability company operating agreements
- Advising clients on the use of carried interests
- Representing clients in the purchase and sale of membership interests
- Working closely with accountants on matters pertaining to 704(c), capital accounts, liabilities and basis and disguised sales