Ross Shealy works on general civil litigation matters, including business disputes, defense of products liability and premises liability lawsuits, professional negligence including veterinary defense, insurance and construction cases. Drawing on his experience as a former Nuclear Submarine Officer, Ross also represents clients in a variety of nuclear issues, including security, employment and nuclear waste policy.
Prior to joining Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Ross’s professional career encompassed a variety of legal, educational and military experiences. He served as an Instructor of Naval Science at the University of South Carolina and was a Submarine Officer for the United States Navy for three years. He was recognized as the 2003 Junior Officer of the Year on the USS Wyoming.
A native of Cayce, South Carolina, Ross earned his Master’s degree in Engineering Management from Old Dominion University and did graduate studies at the University of South Carolina School of the Environment. He received his B.S. in Economics from the United States Naval Academy.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- University of South Carolina School of the Environment, Graduate Studies, 2004-2006
- Old Dominion University, M.E.M, 2003
- United States Naval Academy, B.S., 1999
- South Carolina, 2009
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2016
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" Civil Litigation: Defense (2017-2019)
- Columbia Business Monthly "Legal Elite of the Midlands" Construction Law 2019
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- South Carolina Law Review
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2016
- Autism Academy of South Carolina, Board of Directors
- Cayce Beautification Foundation, Board of Directors
- "Professional Negligence in the Design/Construction Field" American Council of Engineering Companies/South Carolina Society of Professional Engineers, Winter Meeting, February 2017
- "The ABC's of Liquor Licensing (Panelist)," South Carolina Society of Association Executives, February 2016
- "The ABC's of Liquor Licensing 2.0 (Panelist)," South Carolina Society of Association Executives, September 2016