Concentrating his practice on complex financing transactions, Robert Galloway serves as bond counsel in revenue-bond issues for public utilities and other public authorities, as well as counsel to financial institutions in complex project financings.
Robert served as lead counsel in forming a public agency composed of 13 municipalities and water districts. When formed, the agency purchased a private water system with the proceeds of a multi-million dollar utility revenue bond issue.
He serves as bond counsel to public utilities throughout South Carolina, including Western Carolina Regional Sewer Authority and Spartanburg Water System.
In sports-facility financings, Robert has served as bond counsel for the construction of the University of South Carolina's Colonial Life Arena and expansions of Memorial Stadium and Littlejohn Coliseum at Clemson University.
Private-sector companies and local governments consult him for guidance on economic development incentives, including “fee-in-lieu of tax” transactions and industrial revenue-bond financings.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1981
- The College of William and Mary, B.A., 1978
- South Carolina, 1981
- U.S. District Court of South Carolina, 1982
- The Best Lawyers in America© Public Finance Law (2003-2019)
- Order of Wig and Robe
- South Carolina Law Review
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- South Carolina Bar, former Chair of the Government Law Section
- Erskine College, former Board of Trustees