Meghan Riordan’s practice focuses on providing regulatory guidance to healthcare providers on a wide range of matters, including HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid, and fraud and abuse.
Meghan understands the complex regulatory environment in which hospitals and other healthcare providers operate, and she has advised clients in matters as diverse as 340B drug pricing program, Patient Safety Organizations, mid-level provider supervision and reimbursement, the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statutes, and medical staff, credentialing and peer review. She also has experience drafting legal memoranda, service contracts and provider policies. She has counseled providers on appropriate handling of patient information through implementation of data use policies and business associate agreements. Meghan has also assisted in the representation of clients through various stages of government investigation and inquiry as well as CMS appeals.
As an Adjunct Professor, Meghan taught "Health Policy and the Law" to political science majors at Furman University.
Prior to joining Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Meghan worked in Greenville Health System’s corporate integrity department. While in law school, she interned in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green, PC, a leading law firm in the areas of healthcare and life sciences. In addition, she clerked for the Deputy General Counsel for the Greenville Health System and worked as a summer associate at University of Chicago Medicine.
- Pace Law School, J.D., 2013
- Fordham University, B.A., 2010
- New York, 2014
- South Carolina, 2014
Greenville Business Magazine "Legal Elite of the Upstate" Health Care Law (2016, 2018)
- Leadership Greenville, Class 43
- American Health Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar, Health Care Law Section (2018-Present)
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Warehouse Theatre, Board of Directors (2015-Present), President (2018-Present)
- Generations Group, Board of Directors (2018-Present)
- International Center of the Upstate, former Board Member
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Gala Committee Member (2015-2016), Chair of the Children’s Art Project (2014-2016)
"CRCF Resident Agreements," South Carolina Association of Resident Care Homes (SCARCH) Seminar, Charleston, SC, June 23, 2016, Spartanburg, SC, May 10, 2016 and Columbia, SC, April 27, 2016
“Hospital Consolidation via Long-Term Lease Arrangements,” American Health Lawyers Association Business Law & Governance, Volume 8, Issue 1, March 2015