Knox White has assisted more than 75 companies with their immigration needs, including work visas, permanent resident status and labor certification.
For more than two decades, he has been helping U.S. and foreign-based clients in the automotive, healthcare and other fields secure visas for executive, managerial and special-skilled employees.
Knox has traveled extensively in Asia to participate in immigration workshops and to assist clients doing business in Asia. He helped establish an office of the Tianjin (China) Free Trade Zone in South Carolina to promote trade and investment between northern China and the U.S.
A prominent member of the South Carolina legal community, Knox has also been overwhelmingly elected and re-elected mayor of the City of Greenville. As mayor of Greenville since 1995, he has spearheaded downtown redevelopment activities, including riverfront and park development, downtown retail and residential revitalization. Knox served on the Greenville City Council from 1983 to 1993.
Prior to joining Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Knox served as legislative director for the late U.S. Representative Carroll A. Campbell Jr. from 1979 to 1982 in Washington, DC.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1979
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1976
- The Best Lawyers in America© Immigration Law (2013-2020)
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce 2009 Buck Mickel Leadership Award
- Chinese Economic Development Board of South Carolina, Advisory Board Member
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Urban Land Institute, South Carolina and National Chapter
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce
- Riley Institute at Furman’s Diversity Leaders Initiative, Upstate Class VI
- Artisphere, Board of Directors