Joseph Spate represents clients in insurance defense and products liability matters.
Prior to joining our firm, Joseph served as a Judicial Clerk to the Hon. Joseph F. Anderson, Jr., U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina.
While in law school, he served as Fourth Circuit Editor of the South Carolina Law Review and Vice-Chair of the Honor Council.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- Erskine College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2013
- South Carolina, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 2019
- South Carolina Law Review, Fourth Circuit Editor
- Recipient of the CALI Award: Advanced Legal Writing
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, Member
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- “To Have and to Hold: Factors to Consider Before Divorcing South Carolina from the Concealed Weapons Permit Requirement,” South Carolina Law Review, Vol. 68, No. 597, 2017
- “Medical Malpractice: Defending Against Hindsight Bias,” Co-Author, Professional Liability Defense Quarterly, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2017