A life-long resident of Charleston, Paul Trouche has almost 40 years of experience in public finance. As bond counsel, he guides state and local governmental bond issues. Among his clients is South Carolina's largest debt issuer.
As underwriter's counsel, Paul has represented banks and investment bankers on a wide variety of negotiated bond issues.
As advisor to public bodies on innovative financing alternatives, he finds solutions to capital needs with vehicles such as tax-increment financing, municipal-improvement districts, impact fees, special assessment bonds, franchise and hospitality fees, intergovernmental agreements and public/private partnerships.
He has a working knowledge of German, Spanish and Portuguese.
- University of Virginia, J.D., 1976
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1972
- The Best Lawyers in America© Public Finance Law (2005-2020)
- Best Lawyers® 2018 Public Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year" Charleston
- Best Lawyers® 2012 Public Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year" Charleston
- Charleston County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- Board of Managers of the South Carolina Historical Society, former President
- Palmetto Society, former President
- Commissioners of Pilotage, former Chairman