Munford Scott represents clients in the areas of probate law, tax and estate planning and trust and estate administration. Over his nearly 50-year career, he has focused his practice on tax law and is certified as an Estate Planning and Probate Specialist as well as a Tax Law Specialist by the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Munford served as Probate Judge for Florence County. He served in the South Carolina General Assembly from 1978-1979.
Munford is experienced in probate mediation and is certified as a Circuit Court Mediator.
- George Washington University Law School, LL.M., 1972
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1970
- University of South Carolina, B.A., 1967
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Tax (2008-2019)
- Order of the Wig and Robe
- South Carolina Law Review
- American College of Tax Counsel, Fellow
- Christian Legal Society
- Francis Marion University, Adjunct Professor
- South Carolina Bar, former Chairman of the Tax Section, former Chairman of the Tax Law Specialization Advisory Board