Gary Morris helps companies grow and prosper in South Carolina. His projects have ranged from a few million to hundreds of millions of dollars. He assisted an aircraft manufacturer to relocate in the state which added approximately $400 million in investment and nearly 700 jobs to the state economy.
Real estate is an essential element of Gary's role at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd. Gary is involved in all aspects of real estate transactions, including acquisition, land use and financing at the firm.
A recognized economic development leader, Gary advises on every aspect of corporate expansion. He works closely with clients seeking to locate or expand by helping them bridge the gap between state and local economic development authorities.
He works alongside commissions, political subdivisions and state agencies to maximize the positive impact of new commercial and industrial projects.
He has been an active member of South Carolina Economic Developers’ Association for nearly 20 years. Gary presents on economic development, tax incentives and real estate transactions to groups such as SCEDA.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1979
- University of South Carolina, M.B.A., 1979
- College of Charleston, B.A., 1976
- The Best Lawyers in America© Corporate Law (2013-2019) and Real Estate Law (2011-2019)
- South Carolina Bar, Real Estate, Corporate and Banking Sections
- American Bar Association, Corporation, Banking and Business Law and International Law Section and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Committee of 100, partnership of Central SC Alliance, former Chair
- Southern Carolina Alliance, Board of Directors
- Delta Dental of South Carolina, Advisory Board
- "Understanding Incentives and Using Incentives Wisely," SC Economic Developers' Advanced Symposium, Greenwood, SC, June 13, 2019
- "Opportunity Zones," OpportunitySC, Myrtle Beach, SC, December 6, 2018
- HSB Opportunity Zone Presentation, Charleston, SC, November 13, 2018
- "Opportunity Zones," South Carolina Economic Developers' Association Membership Meeting, Columbia, SC, August 23, 2018