Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd’s Environmental Law practice group assists our clients with environmental permits to construct and operate new or expanded facilities. Our experienced environmental lawyers also provide representation and counsel on compliance and enforcement issues involving air, water, solid waste, hazardous waste, endangered species, wetlands and other environmental matters. Proactively, our environmental team assists clients in conducting environmental due diligence and assessing and minimizing environmental risk in business transactions.
Our firm's environmental law team works closely with environmental consultants and engineers, planners and state and federal regulators to accomplish the legal goals of our clients. When necessary, our lawyers represent clients in environmental matters before the administrative, state and federal courts.
ENVIRONMENTAL LAW EXPERIENCE:
- Defended through trial a local government in a multi-party CERCLA contribution action
- Represented a major manufacturer in a CERCLA contribution action and in negotiations with EPA over CERCLA investigation and clean-up
- Assisted large manufacturer with Title V Air Permit
- Advised corporate and governmental clients on contamination issues and minimization of environmental liability in acquisition of real property, including Responsible Party and Non-Responsible Party Voluntary Clean-up Contracts with SC DHEC
- Provided advice and counsel to financial institutions on lender liability under CERCLA (hazardous waste law)
- Advised corporate client on NPDES wastewater discharge permits
- Advised clients in the public and private sector on the SC SUPERB Act (underground storage tank act)
- Assisted with regulatory issues pertaining to federal and state wetlands
- Assisted client with new industrial landfill permit
- Assisted client in landfill enforcement action
- Represented client in obtaining coastal critical area permit
- Advised local government on stormwater management requirements