March 17, 2020
We continue to closely monitor the shifting landscape of COVID-19 and our hearts go out to those who are particularly vulnerable to the effects of the virus, both physically and financially. Our number one priority at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd is the health, safety and well-being of our clients, employees and loved ones. Thus, while continuing to follow this ever-changing situation, we have been taking steps to protect the safety of our people and to ensure our ability to continue to serve our clients and communities.
Health and Safety. All of our offices are open, but we are encouraging everyone to take precautions and prioritize their personal safety and wellness. To that end:
- Attorneys and staff who need or want to stay at home because of reasons related to COVID-19 are already working remotely.
- We are following CDC and other governmental health agency recommendations regarding travel and are limiting travel where only necessary trips are being taken on a case-by-case basis.
- We are communicating with our employees and our clients to make sure everyone is receiving the care and service they need while remaining safe. Please visit our website to view our COVID-19 resources webpage which includes alerts written by our attorneys on important business continuity topics. We hope these resources may also be beneficial to your organization’s preparedness efforts.
Working Remotely and Business Continuity. To the extent some or all of our offices are closed, the investments we have made in IT infrastructure, capabilities and training will enable our lawyers and support staff:
- To work remotely in a digital environment that protects client information and allows ready access to the entire digital resources of the firm;
- To collaborate and communicate with each other, our clients and other parties through virtual meeting spaces, extranets and audio/video conferencing; and
- To continue serving our clients seamlessly.
We are all in uncharted waters, and as we live into this current environment, our protocols and plans will no doubt change. What will not change, however, is our commitment to providing our clients the best service that we can and a safe environment from which our lawyers and staff can deliver that service.
We are grateful to all of our clients for allowing HSB to serve your legal and business needs. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.
Health and peace to you all.
Boyd B. "Nick" Nicholson, Jr.
HSB Managing Director