At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, we offer our clients a fully-integrated, multidisciplinary approach to solving the complex problems faced by healthcare systems in today’s highly regulated, fiercely competitive climate.
Our capable healthcare attorneys offer significant experience in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions; anti-kickback and stark laws; hospital, physician and managed care contracting; organization and governance; medical staff bylaws; HIPAA; EMTALA; CON; clinical research; medical malpractice; risk management; medical ethics; and financing and tax.
- Served as lead counsel in the Greenville Hospital System’s acquisition of a 20-physician multi-specialty group practice
- Re-wrote the medical staff bylaws of three hospitals to streamline and improve the organization, credentials, privileges, and dispute resolution provisions
- Defended a teaching hospital in a multi-million dollar dispute with Medicare over reimbursement for the cost of indirect medical education
- Formed a captive insurance company for physicians employed by a for-profit hospital
- Currently representing several hospitals in cases where the plaintiffs allege unfair pricing for uninsured patients and seek class action status
- Obtained a defense verdict for a hospital in a premises liability case alleging serious bodily injury