Julie Medich is a versatile and resourceful business and commercial real estate lawyer, dedicated to the success of her clients’ ventures.
Mrs. Medich chairs the Firm's Corporate Practice Group and practices in the area of business, mergers and acquisitions, economic development and commercial real estate. She is included in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 in the fields of Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
She helps clients negotiate large to small commercial real estate sales and purchases, negotiates merger and acquisition agreements, business formations, serves as outside general counsel, and reviews contracts for various entities.
- Represented a number of insurance agencies in various sales of their businesses to a national purchaser.
- Represented the purchaser of a $24 million dollar office building which included corporate structuring, financing and real estate matters.
- Represented the purchaser of a student housing project.
- Negotiated various types of commercial leases both for landlords and tenants.
BEFORE HAYNSWORTH SINKLER BOYD
Mrs. Medich clerked for The Honorable David Harwell, former Chief Justice for the South Carolina Supreme Court and The Honorable Jean H. Toal, former Chief Justice for the South Carolina Supreme Court. She was a certified public accountant with PriceWaterhouse in Chicago, Illinois (1988-1990).
- Board of Directors, Liberty Fellowship
- Liberty Fellow, Class of 2014, a participant in The Aspen Institute Global Leadership Network
- Received the Role Model Award from the Trident United Way Women’s Leadership Council in 2012
- Selected as a finalist for Charleston Regional Business Journal’s Influential Women in Business award in 2010
- Selected for the inaugural edition of the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™ - for women attorneys who have received the highest possible rating, AV, in both legal ability and ethical standards from their peers.
Mrs. Medich is extremely active in the community. She serves on the Board of Directors of Cradle to Career. Mrs. Medich is a former member of the executive committee and board of directors for the Charleston Regional Development Alliance (CRDA) and the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce. She is also a former member of the Trident United Way, the Charleston Stage Company, and Roper Hospital.
American Bar Association (Business and Real Estate Sections)
South Carolina Bar (Corporate Law/Specialty Bar Sections)
South Carolina Women Lawyers’ Association