Tyler Gilliam focuses his practice on business and real estate tax planning, with an emphasis on limited liability companies and partnerships.
Prior to joining Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Tyler received his Legal Masters (LL.M.) in Taxation, with distinction, from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a Graduate Tax Scholar. While in Washington, Tyler also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Albert G. Lauber of the United States Tax Court.
In law school, Tyler was the Senior Articles Editor for the Charleston Law Review and was a member of the Charleston School of Law Moot Court Board. As a member of the Moot Court Board, Tyler participated in and won two National Tax Moot Court competitions. Tyler was also a student member of the James L. Petigru American Inn of Court, and, upon graduation, was inducted in the Charleston Law Forensics Club for his leadership and academic excellence.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in taxation, With Distinction, 2018
- Charleston School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2017
- College of Charleston, B.A., 2012
- Charleston School of Law Forensics Club
- Charleston School of Law Presidential Honors Scholar
- Charleston Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Charleston School of Law Moot Court Board
- The James L. Petigru American Inn of Court, Student Member