A true asset to the Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd team, Donny Dial works with many businesses in all areas of tax planning. He helps families with sophisticated techniques such as leveraged gifts and family limited partnerships that reduce estate taxes and the costs of probate.
Donny has represented the telephone industry and the manufactured-housing industry before the South Carolina Department of Revenue on sales tax issues and numerous multi-state businesses on income allocation and apportionment issues.
He has also served as an Adjunct Professor in estate taxation for 17 years at the University of South Carolina School of Law. Donny served as an original member and Chairman of the Board that certifies tax law specialists in South Carolina.
- New York University, LL.M.
- Columbia University, J.D.
- Princeton University, A.B.
- The Best Lawyers in America© Tax Law (1983-2019) and Trusts and Estates (1983-2019)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Tax (2008-2018)
- Best Lawyers® 2012 Tax Law "Lawyer of the Year" Columbia
- Best Lawyers® 2010 Trusts and Estates "Lawyer of the Year" Columbia