Clay Walker is a successful litigator with more than 35 years of experience representing clients in products liability, employment, real estate and personal injury litigation. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of commercial disputes, including breach of contract, fraud, unfair trade practices, insurance coverage, shareholder disputes, interference with contract, breach of fiduciary duty and defamation.
He has spent the past 20 years representing automobile dealers in matters involving unfair trade practice, Dealers Act defense claims, business practice disputes, consumer complaints and personal injury. He also advises his clients on risk management issues.
- • Represented a global art gallery in a multi-million dollar contract dispute for breach of warranty
- • Defended more than 150 automobile dealers in class actions involving consumer protection code compliance
- • Represented a business owner in recovering $400,000 in embezzled funds by a former company employee
- Vanderbilt University, J.D., 1981
- Duke University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1978
- South Carolina, 1981
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1992
- Martindale Hubbell AV rated
- Uniform Law Commission (2012-present), Highly Automated Vehicle Act Committee Vice Chair; Event Data Recorders in Cars Study Committee
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Trenholm Road United Methodist Church, former Council on Ministries Board Member
- Northside United Methodist Church, former Council of Ministries and Administrative Board Member