Demetrius Pyburn focuses his practice on employment law and counsels clients on everyday compliance issues involving the ADA, FMLA, Title VII and other employment-related regulations.
Prior to joining our firm, Demetrius served in the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment in the U.S. Army. He continues to serve in the U.S. Army Reserves as a Human Resources Specialist in the 812th Transportation Headquarters.
In law school, Demetrius served as President of Service Member & Veterans in Law as well as Corresponding Secretary for the Black Law Student Association.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2017
- Platt College, B.A., 2010
- American Bar Association, Vice Chair of Aviation and Space Law Committee, Torts Trial and Insurance Practice, Section of Litigation Young Advocates Committee
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce, PULSE
- International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar, Drone Task Force Civil Subcommittee Chair
- U.S. Army Reserves, Human Resources Specialist
- Uniform Law Commission, Drafting Committee on Tort Law Relating to Drones
- "Concerted Activity & Other News from the NLRB," HSB 2018 Employment Law Seminar Series
- “What Drone Operators Need to Know About the Expansion of LAANC,” Palmetto Aviation 2018 Summer Edition
- "Healthy Habits While Maintaining a Law Practice," American Bar Association Section of Litigation, May 17, 2018
- "DOR and the Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate," HSB 2017 Employment Law Seminar Series
- “Recent Developments in Aviation Law,” Panelist at American Bar Association Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Aviation and Space Law Annual Conference, October 2017