Cameo Joseph’s practice focuses on public finance and real estate. In her public finance practice, she works with other members of our public finance team as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel and corporate counsel in various financing structures. In her real estate practice, Cameo works with members of the team in drafting deeds, mortgages, purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases and other real estate documents.
While in law school, Cameo served as Vice President of the Black Law Students Association, Director of International Relations of the National Black Law Students Association, board member of the Constitutional Scholars Pipeline Program and liaison to the ABA Center for Racial and Ethnic Diversity. She was a student member of the John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court and a member of the Pro Bono Board, Phi Delta Phi, Peer Mentor Program and Law School Ambassador Program. In addition, she was selected for 1 of only 9 ABA Business Law Section Diversity Clerkship positions.
She served as a law clerk to the Hon. Clifton B. Newman of the South Carolina Circuit Court, a law clerk to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission and a law clerk to the University of South Carolina School of Law Clinical Legal Education Department.
While at Clemson, Cameo was President of the Omicron Phi Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Assistant Director of the Council on Diversity Affairs, Parliamentarian of the Clemson Black Student Union and a member of Order of Omega.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2016
- Clemson University, B.S., 2013
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division "Star of the Quarter" 2018
- University of South Carolina School of Law Compleat Lawyer Award - Bronze, Outstanding Service Award, Hon. Sol Blatt, Jr. Scholar, Dean’s List
- Fourth Circuit Practice Best Final Argument Award
- Clemson University President’s List, Dean’s List and Greek Woman of the Year
- Christ Church Episcopal School Alumni Association, Board Member
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce, PULSE
- American Bar Association
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Greenville SC Alumnae Chapter
- Greenville County Bar
- South Carolina Bar YLD, Special Olympics Committee and Color of Justice Committee
- “Clemson and the Legal Profession – Past, Present, and Future,” November 4, 2016