Here at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, our team of attorneys has extensive experience representing, defending and advising the largest health system in South Carolina as well as smaller hospitals, free standing psychiatric facilities, nursing homes, private physician practices, individual physician, and non-physician healthcare providers.
We take pride in efficiently—yet aggressively—defending the most complex medical malpractice lawsuits, including cases involving neonatal birth injury, catastrophic neurological injury and wrongful death. Our decades of defending these factually and medically complex, emotionally charged and, in many cases, high stakes cases has enabled our team to build trusting, long term relationships with some of the most respected and renowned medical experts in South Carolina and around the country. We believe these relationships are critical in assessing, evaluating and defending these difficult cases.
Applying the knowledge gained from defending these complex cases, we have also served as primary advice counsel to large medical institutions and individual providers on matters related to both risk management and quality assurance. We also regularly conduct seminars and presentations related to medical malpractice, risk management and quality assurance.
Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd serves as advice counsel and an active participant in the management of hospital related crisis management, frequently representing medical professionals before state licensing boards.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE EXPERIENCE:
- Obtained defense verdicts on behalf of surgeons in cases involving intraoperative injuries
- Obtained favorable resolutions in obstetric cases involving allegations of mismanagement of labor and delivery, resulting in hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy and other neurologic related injuries
- Represented a large healthcare system in the management and resolution of multiple cases related to an infection outbreak
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a psychiatric facility in a case involving patient injury
- Obtained defense verdicts in cases involving wrongful death and catastrophic injury
- Represent emergency medicine physicians employed by a large healthcare staffing agency in cases involving care and treatment in the Emergency Room
- Obtained a defense verdict for an obstetrician in a case involving shoulder dystocia, resulting in an Erb's Palsy injury