Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd is proud of its long tradition of providing physicians with the legal resources they need to help heal and care for the patients they serve. With experience in licensing and state regulatory matters, physician contracting, practice formation, mergers and acquisitions, application of physician self-referral and anti-kickback laws, joint ventures and managed care contracting, we can guide physicians through the complexities of the business side of medicine.
PHYSICIANS & PHYSICIANS' GROUPS EXPERIENCE:
- Served as lead counsel in several practice mergers and acquisitions involving the specialties of urology, oncology, neurology, internal medicine and family practice
- Served as primary counsel in the development of numerous ancillary service centers for physician groups
- Represented and counseled physicians through practice separation and dissolution
- Obtained defense verdicts in cases involving allegations of medical malpractice against general surgeons, urologists and plastic surgeons
- Achieved dismissal of cases against physicians before the South Carolina medical licensing board involving allegations of substandard care and billing misconduct