Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's Recovery team of attorneys brings strong business skills to bear on an array of matters involving bankruptcies, banking and credit regulation, distressed debt, work-outs and turnarounds, collection actions, and complex financial services litigation.
Our clients include banks, credit unions, mortgage loan servicers, receivers, trustees, and international corporations. From pre-suit collection efforts, through judgment, and in judgment collection, we take pride in our ability to provide quality, effective, and practical advice, while keeping our clients' economic interests in the forefront of everything we do.
- Represent creditors to recover on commercial and consumer judgments
- Provide advice and counsel on landlord/tenant law issues and completing residential and commercial evictions
- Represent lenders and lienholders in foreclosure and repossession of collateral
- Complete workouts and resolving distressed debt
- Represent entities and individuals that invest in real property at tax sales in actions to quiet tax title and related matters
- Provide advice and counsel on tax sale issues and strategies for maximizing efficiencies
- Complete workouts and related disputes arising from property taxes
- Represented a major creditor in connection with the defense and prosecution of its claims against the Chapter 11 debtors and other parties related to an EPA superfund site in Charleston, South Carolina
- Represented a mortgage lender in connection with the prosecution and defense of its $17,000,000 mortgage against the Chapter 11 debtor
- Represented a hospital in all aspects of its Chapter 9 bankruptcy case, resulting in a confirmed Plan for the Adjustment of Debts