Using private and public funds and New Market Tax Credits, the nonprofit team at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd regularly assists organizations in structuring creative financing mechanisms—providing colleges and universities with classrooms, student housing and parking garages; assisting healthcare providers with their capital improvement matters; and connecting charter schools and YMCA’s with community facilities and public/private partnerships to better their communities.
NONPROFIT FINANCE EXPERIENCE:
- Restructured debt profile of hospitals having auction rate securities into letter of credit-backed bonds due to changes in the financial market and bond insurer downgrades
- Assisted the foundation of a large university and a nonprofit corporation in financing a new business school through a public bond issue supported by lease payments
- Assisted in the financing of the first facility within the State to be used jointly by a technical college and a public charter school
- Structured the first financing within the State of a children’s museum using New Market Tax Credits
- Created a cultural center financing to serve nine different arts organizations payable from pledges from a capital campaign
- Crafted the first financing for a history museum, arts museum, children’s museum, and symphony using accommodations tax receipts to augment capital campaign funds for each facility