Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd represents entities and individuals of all sizes in establishing and running their businesses. At the outset, we advise clients on choice of entity, debt and equity financing and organizational structuring. We provide ongoing counsel with respect to corporate governance, including representation in connection with general operations, succession planning or major corporate events, such as mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations or securities offerings.
CORPORATE ORGANIZATION & GOVERNANCE EXPERIENCE:
- Create new business entities, including limited partnerships, limited liability companies and Subchapter C and S corporations
- Assist in taking companies public and advising many public and private companies on corporate governance issues under state and federal law
- Assist in the restructuring of entities in preparation for major corporate events such as capital transactions and mergers and acquisitions and advising the entities on efficient transitions
- Represent a public and private company as primary outside counsel in connection with its
- mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate governance
- Advise the senior management, boards of directors and board committees of clients on matters such as governance structure, oversight function, risk management, anti-takeover defense measures, labor and employment and D&O indemnification and insurance issue