We represent government-owned utilities in the areas of water and wastewater, electricity and natural gas on a wide range of matters, including finance, service area contracts and disputes, preparation of intergovernmental agreements and legislative matters.
- Have served as bond counsel for several billion dollars of public power utility revenue bonds for the South Carolina Public Service Authority, including a $436 million issue in 2008
- We serve as bond counsel to major South Carolina municipalities (including Charleston, Greenville, Spartanburg) in the issuance of water and sewer revenue bonds
- Have served as lead counsel to governmental utility districts in the acquisition in whole of municipal water and sewer systems, including drafting of related contracts and obtaining all governmental and/or legislative approvals
- Negotiated and drafted design-build contract documents for a large water treatment plant
- Served as lead counsel in the formation of a regional water utility district consisting of municipalities and retail water districts, including the acquisition of a privately-owned regional water treatment plant and distribution system
- Have served as lead counsel in the formation of a regional natural gas distribution