At Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, we employ a team of experienced attorneys who advise clients on all aspects of the brewery and distillery industries.
As legislation changes in South Carolina, so do the needs of craft breweries and liquor distilleries. Our breweries & distilleries legal services include entity formation and other corporate matters, real estate, alcohol licensing and permitting, contract review, intellectual property, products liability, environmental, mergers and acquisitions, employment, economic development and litigation.
To help promote and propose legislation for the breweries & distilleries industries, our attorneys work with our legislative and regulatory subsidiary, Copper Dome Strategies, LLC, to service clients’ needs in the legislative, regulatory and public policy arenas.
BREWERIES & DISTILLERIES LAW EXPERIENCE:
- Assisting in the negotiation and documentation of the purchase of microbreweries
- Representing seller of a large beer distribution company
- Drafting investor agreements
- Representing breweries and distilleries in contract distillation, brewing, and bottling agreements
- Assisting on South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) licensing and permitting approval
- Securing trademark and trade dress rights to product names, labels, and bottle designs
- Assisting with the unique issues surrounding import/export, distribution, transportation, and warehousing of spirits and beverages
- Negotiating leases and providing advice and counsel regarding compliance with the South Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Act regarding proximity of distillery to churches and schools
- Forming entities, drafting operating agreements, and preparing company bylaws
- Assisting on Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) licensing and permitting approval