Frankie Marion is a Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd trial lawyer with a long record of success in resolving personal injury cases and business disputes. He has tried to jury verdict more than 100 cases often in the areas of products liability and insured defense and commercial litigation.
Frankie has represented several major manufacturers on a state or regional basis, including a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest manufacturers of construction equipment. He often represents insurers in contract and bad-faith actions as well as arson and coverage disputes.
In commercial litigation, his work primarily involves disputes involving business transactions, trade secret and protection of intellectual property. He has represented a manufacturer in a multi-million contract dispute with a major supplier and resolved a conflict between partners over the operation of their business.
Frankie annually helps organize and assists in presenting a continuing legal education seminar at the Appleseed Legal Justice Center. He has presented in Products Liability at a national meeting of The Defense Research Institute, Inc. He has served on the faculty of the International Association of Defense Counsel trial-advocacy program and the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Trial Academy.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1977
- St. Edmonds Hall, Oxford, 1977
- University of South Carolina, B.S., 1974
- Best Lawyers® 2017 Bet-the-Company Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” Greenville
- The Best Lawyers in America© Bet-the-Company Litigation (2010-2019), Commercial Litigation (2009-2019), Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2011-2019) and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (2011-2019)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Business Litigation (2008-2018)
- Greenville Business Magazine “Legal Elite of the Upstate” Insurance Law (2015, 2018) and Personal Injury Defense 2013
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Regent (2013-Present), Fellow, State Committee Chair (2007-2009)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association, President (2000), Treasurer (1997), Secretary (1998)
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- South Carolina Bar
- Greenville County Bar Association