Ron Scott’s practice focuses on working with local government organizations in public finance, economic development and healthcare law matters. Prior to joining Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Ron enjoyed a successful career in public administration and local government. He served as the Director of the Department of Community Development for Lexington County. In this role, he coordinated with other county departments, community partners and federal and state agencies to facilitate continued community development and economic growth within the county. He also served as the Chief Organizational Development Officer for a cooperative health center, where he led governmental relations and fundraising efforts.
While in law school, Ron was a member of the South Carolina Law Review, Black Law Students Association, John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court and Order of the Wig and Robe.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- University of South Carolina, M.P.A., 2000
- University of South Carolina, B.S., 1998
- University of South Carolina School of Law 2018 “Compleat Lawyer” Bronze Medallion Recipient
- South Carolina Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel Award Recipient 2018
- CALI Award for Non-Profit Law
- Palmetto Health, Board of Directors (2018-Present)
- Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital, Board of Trustees (2014-Present), Cancer Center Board (2016-2017), Legal Services Advisory Committee (2016-Present), Children’s Hospital Board (2015-2016), Medical Executive Committee (2015-2016)
- United Way of the Midlands, Financial Stability Council (2013-2015), Emergency Food and Shelter Committee (2008-2013)
- Midlands Education and Business Alliance, Board of Directors (2007-2017)
- KOBAN Columbia, Inc., Board of Directors (2002-2011)
- “Judicial Selection in South Carolina: Is the Time Ripe for Systematic Restructuring and Improvement? You be the Judge.” South Carolina Law Review Survey Book, 68 S.C. L. Rev. 2017