Kathleen Muthig is an experienced bankruptcy and creditors’ rights attorney. She represents national and regional banks, loan servicers and other creditors in bankruptcy actions. She has experience representing clients with consumer and commercial bankruptcies in Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 matters.
Kathleen has also represented businesses in state court including the Administrative Law Court.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2011
- Furman University, 2008
- South Carolina, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2014
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Richland County Bar Association
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of South Carolina, Local Rules Committee Chair (2017-present), Chapter 13 Interest Rate Committee (2015-2017)
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
- Junior League of Columbia, Board of Directors (2018-present)
- Palmetto Health Cancer Center, Board of Directors (2015-present)
- “Bridge Over Troubled Water: Mortgage Modifications & Loss Mitigation in Consumer Bankruptcy Cases” (Panelist), South Carolina Bar CLE, November 2015
- “The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and its Impact on Creditors,” South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association Annual Seminar, May 9, 2015
- “Shaping Your Legal Career: The Next Step” (Panelist), University of South Carolina School of Law, January 27, 2015
- “Expedited Foreclosure for Abandoned Properties” (Panelist), South Carolina Bankers Association webinar, July 24, 2014
- “Giving State Tax Incentives to Corporations: How Much is Too Much?,” (2011) South Carolina Journal of International Law and Business: Vol. 7: Iss. 2, Article 6.