Ben Alexander is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses his practice on the defense of healthcare professionals. Ben has represented large health systems, free standing hospitals, national insurers of healthcare providers, physician group practices and individual nurses and physicians in both professional negligence and licensing matters. He has tried to verdict numerous cases involving allegations of wrongful death, traumatic birth injury, negligent care and treatment, misdiagnosis and lack of informed consent.
Ben also advises hospitals and physicians on matters of risk management, informed consent, patient confidentiality and peer review.
Clients include Greenville Health System, Universal Health Services, Team Health and local and national insurers of health professionals.
Ben is a certified Circuit Court Mediator.
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1998
- Auburn University, B.A., 1989
- South Carolina, 1999
- U.S. District Court of the District of South Carolina, 1999
- Best Lawyers® 2018 Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants Greenville, SC "Lawyer of the Year"
- The Best Lawyers in America© Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants (2011-2018) and Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants (2011-2018)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Personal Injury Medical Malpractice Defense (2016-2017)
- Greenville Business Magazine 2015 Upstate Legal Elite Healthcare
- Family Counseling Center of Greenville, former President
- United Way, Young Philanthropist Board (2004-2008)
- Alliance for Quality Education, former Young Professionals Committee
- Meals on Wheels of Greenville, Board of Directors
- Urban League of the Upstate, General Counsel and Board of Directors
- Leadership Greenville, Class XVIII
- Leadership South Carolina, Class of 1995
- Riley Institute at Furman's Diversity Leaders Initiative, Upstate Class XI
- South Carolina Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys' Association
- Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists and Psycho-Educational Specialists, former Board of Examiners for Licensure
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Medical Malpractice Liability Presentation, March 28, 2014, March 27, 2015, March 25, 2016, March 24, 2017
- EMS Leadership Conference – EMS Liability, June 16, 2016
- Medical Malpractice for M4 Students – 3 Part Series
- March 28, 2016 – Introduction to Medical Malpractice
- April 4, 2016 – Common Claims and Case Studies
- April 11, 2016 – The Shoulder Dystocia case and Practice Tips
- Medical Malpractice and Deposition Basics for M4 Students, March 26, 2016, April 3, 2017