David Swanson handles large and small commercial and residential property matters at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, representing owners, developers and financial institutions as well as many sellers and buyers of plantation properties in coastal South Carolina. As counsel for owners and developers, he has been involved in many resort and residential developments and office and industrial developments in South Carolina.
He regularly works on the purchase and sale of real property and represents clients on both routine and complex leasing transactions.
David represents financial institutions and other lenders in all aspects of commercial loan transactions, including the drafting of loan documents and due diligence review of all information relevant to the borrower and guarantors. He also regularly represents secured lenders in mortgage foreclosure proceedings.
David is also an agent and approved attorney for multiple title insurance companies, including Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company and Old Republic Title Insurance Company.
- University of South Carolina J.D. 1980
- Tulane University B.A. 1977
- Chambers USA Real Estate Law (2005-Present)
- The Best Lawyers in America© Litigation-Real Estate (2011-2019) and Real Estate Law (2009-2019)
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® Real Estate (2008-2012, 2014-2018)
- Best Lawyers® 2017 Litigation-Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” Charleston
Best Lawyers® 2016 Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year” Charleston
Best Lawyers® 2014 Real Estate Law “Lawyer of the Year” Charleston
Best Lawyers® 2013 Litigation-Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” Charleston
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Palmetto Land Title Association