Charlie Ipock’s diverse educational and workplace background, coupled with his local roots, have prepared him to handle complex litigation by listening and engaging with his clients throughout the litigation process.
Charlie’s primary focus is on litigating and resolving trust, probate, and estate disputes, as well as securities litigation, commercial business disputes, and insurance litigation. In his practice, he has advised clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to general contractors to trustees, personal representatives, and beneficiaries. During the litigation process, he is ever mindful of the expense of litigation and attempts to facilitate a practical approach to the resolution of disputes and always have a client-centric litigation strategy. This is readily apparent when understanding that he has tried multiple jury and bench trials and has also successfully resolved scores of cases through the mediation process.
Complementing his litigation practice, Charlie serves as counsel to multi-municipalities in the Pee Dee assisting them through a myriad of issues, including condemnation, Request for Proposals, and other related matters.
In addition, Charlie has been certified and has taken over 40+ hours of continuing legal education to be a civil court mediator in South Carolina.
- St. Mary’s University, J.D., 2013
- N.C. State University, B.S., magna cum laude, 2009
- South Carolina, 2013
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of South Carolina, 2014
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 2014
- South Carolina Bar – Young Lawyers’ Division Star of the Quarter FY 2016-2017
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals - Judicial Intern
- Editor in Chief of St. Mary’s University School of Law's flagship law review
- Graduated in top 5% of his law school class
- Recipient of American Law Institute’s Continuing Legal Education Scholarship and Leadership Award
- South Carolina Bar, 2018-2019 CLE Committee Chair, Publications Committee and Young Lawyers Division
- Course Planner/Moderator 2017 South Carolina Probate Bench/Bar CLE
- 12th Circuit Delegate to the South Carolina Bar House of Delegates
- McLeod Regional Hospital Fellow (2017-2018)
- McLeod Children’s Hospital Charity Golf Tournament Committee
- South Carolina Junior Golf Association Committee
- American Heart Association, Pee Dee Heart Ball 2018 Executive Leadership Team
- Florence County Probate Court – Mental Health Court, Pro Bono Counsel
- National Conference of Law Reviews, Board Member (2012-2013)
- Leadership Florence, Graduate
- St. Mary’s University School of Law Alumni Association
- PGA of America, past affiliate
- PADI Certified Open Water Scuba Diver
- Bishopville Presbyterian Church, Assistant Clerk of Session
- "The South Carolina Litigation Handbook," 2015
- "A Practitioner’s Guide to the South Carolina Business Court," 10 Resolved: Journal for Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2015
- "Digital Estate Planning for the 21st Century," Shavano Park Magazine, June 2014