Carter Deupree focuses on real estate and business transactions.
A native of Park Hills, Kentucky, Carter represents individuals, businesses and institutions on real estate matters, corporate transactions, governance issues and financing. He handles both routine and complex business and financial transactions.
Real estate demands sophisticated knowledge. To successfully acquire, develop, finance or invest requires a thorough understanding of the law, as well as a good business sense. Carter works closely with his clients at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, helping them to find the right legal solution for their situations.
- • Acted as borrower’s counsel in connection with the purchase and development of a historic site in downtown Charleston to be renovated as a mixed-use project valued at over $50 million
- • Acted as buyer's counsel in connection with the purchase, financing and development of a historic textile mill site in North Charleston, to be renovated as a mixed-use project
- • Assisted in a bond closing involving the conversion of hospital revenue bonds valued at over $200 million and an issue of hospital refunding revenue bonds valued at over $90 million
Before joining the team at Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, Carter interned for the Hon. Sol Blatt, Jr., Senior U.S. District Judge in Charleston, SC, drafting court opinions on cases involving personal injury and causation, habeas corpus matters, employment discrimination and federal jurisdiction.
- Washington and Lee University, J.D., 2006
- Washington and Lee University, B.A., 2003
- Charleston Regional Business Journal "Forty Under 40" 2018
- Greenville Business Magazine “Best & Brightest 35 and Under” 2009
- Leadership South Carolina, Class of 2018
- Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- Trident United Way, Young Philanthropists Society Steering Committee Member
- LeadSC, Committee Member (2014)
- Leadership Charleston, Class of 2015
- Greenville Chautauqua Society, Board Member (2008-2010), Secretary (2009-2010)
- Leadership Greenville, Class 36
- United Way of Greenville County, Young Philanthropist (2007-2010), Loaned Executive (2007)
- Urban Land Institute
- "Fundraising Trips and Traps: Bingo, Casino Nights and Revenue Sharing Arrangements"