Brad Love serves as co-leader of our firm’s Public Finance Practice Group and is the administrative shareholder for Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd's Greenville office. He advises cities, counties, special-purpose districts and hospitals as they structure financings for their capital and operational needs through the issuance of various types of municipal bonds and other obligations. An asset to the team, Brad has an extensive background in all areas of public finance.
Additionally, Brad serves as underwriter’s counsel to investment banks that sell publicly-offered municipal obligations and as bank counsel to banks that purchase privately placed municipal bonds. He advises his issuer clients and financial institution clients on the intricate structures of municipal finance, including installment purchase revenue bonds, special source revenue bonds, general obligation bonds, hospitality tax revenue bonds and water and sewer issues.
- • Served as bond counsel to a city in connection with the issuance of publicly offered installment purchase revenue bonds used for the financing of various public improvement facilities
- • Served as bond counsel to a city with regard to the issuance of publicly offered hospitality tax revenue bonds, which at the time, was one of the first issuances of such bonds in the State pursuant to a recently enacted statute
- • Served as bond counsel to a county with regard to the financing of a technical college’s enterprise campus focused on advanced manufacturing and related technologies
- • Served as bond counsel to a city in the issuance of a taxable installment purchase revenue bond for the construction of a public parking garage to be built beneath a privately-owned hotel
Brad is also a writer, speaker and panelist on public finance and local government topics for a variety of events and publications, including annual conferences for the South Carolina Special Purpose District Association, Municipal Association of South Carolina, South Carolina Association of Counties and South Carolina Municipal Finance Officers, Clerks and Treasurers. He has also spoken at the South Carolina Bar Government Law Section CLE Seminar.
- University of Georgia, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- Presbyterian College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1996
- South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities, Board of Trustees
- Greenville Humane Society, Board Member (2013–Present, Executive Committee 2015-Present)
- Patewood Memorial Hospital, Advisory Council (2013-2015, President in 2015)
- South Carolina Bar, Government Law Section Council (2014-Present)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, General Law and Practice Committee
- South Carolina Association of County Attorneys
- Leadership South Carolina, Class of 2010
- Leadership Greenville, Class XXIX
- Pendleton Place for Children and Families, Secretary, Treasurer, President (2000–2006)
- Riley Institute at Furman’s Diversity Leaders Initiative, Upstate Class XIX