Amy Bower's practice focuses on personal injury defense as well as commercial, financial and real estate litigation. She is involved with all phases of litigation, including management of large-scale discovery, dispositive motions and trial preparation.
Experienced in efficient management of all phases of e-discovery, she advises clients on issues related to journaling solutions, document retention, collection, analysis, production and more specialized areas, including the implementation of litigation holds and ensuring all data is collected, preserved and secured to avoid unnecessary discovery disputes in the course of litigation.
Prior to joining our firm, Amy served as the Industry Affairs Assistant for the National Beer Wholesalers Association, where she monitored the legislative and regulatory activities pertaining to the organization for the 50 states and assisted the Association’s nonprofit foundation. She currently assists local brewers with their operational needs such as forming LLCs and drafting leases.
While in law school, Amy served as a Special Assistant to the Hon. Wayne M. Creech, Ninth Judicial Circuit Family Court Judge, while working on the Family Court Bench Book Project. She was also a Legal Research and Writing Teaching Fellow at the Charleston School of Law.
- Charleston School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2013
- University of Colorado, B.S., 2008
- South Carolina, 2013
- U.S. District Court, South Carolina, 2013
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars" Personal Injury General: Defense 2018
- Charleston Law Review, Managing Editor
- Associate Justice of the First Year Competition for the Charleston School of Law’s Moot Court Board
- Medical University of South Carolina's Presidential Scholars Program
- Amy, alongside her family, received the Francis Salvador Award for community involvement, vision and leadership in 2011
- Coastal Community Foundation Bridge Builders, Board Member
- James L. Petigru Inn of Court, Board Member (2015-Present)
- Charleston School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Ellevate Charleston
- Mayor Riley’s Campaign Leadership Committee, former Member
- College of Charleston’s Yaschik/Arnold Jewish Studies Program, Advisory Board Member
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association
- "Brews, Booze and Clues on How to Navigate the Emerging Brewery/Distillery Industries" (Panelist), HSB 2014 Corporate Law for Accountants Seminars